Slow Down.




Over on my YouTube channel I have been documenting the journey I recently started on, to become the, and aware of the, person God made me to be in all aspects of my life. (Click here to watch!)
I'm going to be honest with you, friends. It has not been easy.

 When I started this journey, I was trying to change multiple things at once. The way I was eating, breaking old habits, creating new habits, doing yoga, exercising, and so on. I had no idea I would be left burnt out, and feeling like giving up, just about a week later.

 I learned something very valuable: You have to take everything one step at a time. I was doing way more than I could handle at once! Worst of all, my original intention to enjoy the process to being healthy and loving myself as God made me to be, was not being fulfilled. It was a burden to make a healthy meal after just a few days of trying so hard to be perfect. Oh, friend, how inconsiderate was that?! Of course i can't be perfect! Perfection should never be the goal. Instead, progress should.

 So, I stopped. Completely. I took a step back, and just let myself be. I'm taking this time to observe. To become aware of what is draining my energy, what is making me unhappy, and even what thoughts are running through my head. Most importantly, I am making God my very first priority. In all of the chaos, our one constant is our Lord God. I can't be who He made me to be if I don't spend time with Him, and read His word. If I am who He says I am, but I don't know who He says I am, how will I get anywhere?!

 When I start back up on trying to improve my life, I am going to remember and keep a few things in mind.

  • All I want for my life is what GOD wants! I will seek + trust Him above all else
  • Perfection is NOT my goal
  • I'm not changing who I am. I am unlocking who God made me to be; living life to the fullest with all the attributes He gave me
  • God doesn't condemn me, therefore I shouldn't condemn myself 
and most importantly...

  • I will remember to take it SLOW

 The journey to being and loving myself for who God made me to be, and seeing what God will use the special features He put in me for is so exciting! I hope this blog post helps you to refresh your mind, and give yourself love; even if you made a mistake or didn't succeed at something. With the new year coming, resolutions follow. Don't get caught up in perfection. Enjoy the process. You only get it once. Where would the fun be, and why would we need God if we had everything we ever needed/wanted; if everything was perfect?

Love, Camden Paige


Comments

  1. Courier to India from Australia
    In this service, the package is transported via cargo ships and the charges are cheap with deliveries across the world.
    visit at- https://www.dtdcaustralia.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts